4.08.2008

New Project: Back Patch

I bought an old pair of coveralls from the local thrift store a while back. After cutting off the sleeves and dying them a new purply-red color they are now ready for more embellishment. I sketched out what I wanted, I was going for day of the dead meets vintage tattoo. I tried to incorporate a lot of the tools that I use the most and keep it fairly symmetrical.
I traced the design directly onto some muslin using a sharpie marker. When I am done painting it I will cut it out and apply it to the coveralls like a patch.
As you can see I have just started painting it. I'm just using cheap acrylic paint with a textile medium mixed in. I thought that I had kept it pretty simply, but I think this may take me a while to paint. I am also trying to decide if I will paint the background or leave it the natural color of the fabric.

2 comments:

Migoto_Chou said...

That is going to look very neat after it is finished!

Noelle Doodle said...

That looks like fun. I'm really obsessed with coloring fuzzy posters at the moment.