I saw this on PostSecret today and just wanted to help get the message out.
These were made from wire, beads, glitter and transparent liquid sculpty, I used these instructions. They were easy to make and turned out well, but unfortunately I made 2 left wings, d'oh! I will be making at least 2 more (right wings this time) and I do plan on painting the back or something since they are plain and the beads are hidden by the sculpty. I have to paint the wingless fairy and then insert these wings and she will be finished. For this swap I need to make 2 small items, 1 medium, and 1 large (the size refers to crafting time, not actual size) and this is my large, I have almost completed the 2 smalls, (just a bit more gluing), but I have not started on the medium yet and the package must go out on Saturday.
On a non-crafty note, I have also been busy doing some cat grooming. My cat, Pookie, has super long, extra silky fur and every spring when she sheds her winter coat she ends up a matted mess. It is my fault for not brushing her properly and to fix this problem I usually shave her.
Here is the pile of fur (almost enough to make another cat) and unfortunately, there is still more that needs to come off. Don't worry, she actually likes being shaved and grooms (licks) me while I groom her, but it does take quite a bit of time to accomplish, I wonder if I could make something with the fur, she has an endless supply, anyone have an idea just let me know!
Here are the rest of my finds: a heart shaped tin $.10 that will be covered with polymer clay, a wire art kit for $.75 the copper wire will be fun to play with, a watch for $.25 which will be taken apart for the gears, and a purse for $.25 that I'm planning on taking apart for the hardware and handles.
It's a XL men's shirt with no shape, not a good look for a zaftig girl! I cut the bottom and the sleeves off and reshaped the sides. I used the bottom to make lacing for the sides and neckline.
I like the more fitted version a lot better, although I may have made it a bit to short. I think that it needs some yellow beads to put on the ends of the strings. Now that summer is here I think that I will be making several of these, they're a great alternative to the plain tank tops that I normally wear.
I also think that I need to touch up the roots of my hair, it looks like I'm going grey!
Here they are after painting, but before outlining. I just traced the sketches I made using pencil onto some muslin type fabric and painted them with acrylic paints mixed with textile medium.I outlined them with dimensional fabric paint, I think it made them look more evil. Once they are dry I'll fuse some stitch witchery on the back and cut them out and then they will be ready to iron on anything!
I really like the look of text behind the images so I decided to white wash my first pages using acrylic paint and water mixed half and half. I opened to a page near the front and was just looking it over when the word "climax" caught my attention. I decided that I would read the two pages and see if there were any other naughty words and phrases(yeah, I know I have a dirty mind). I found several and decided to mark them with squares. When I painted the pages I just left those words exposed.I'm now waiting for it to dry. As I was painting I was thinking about all the conversations I've had with several of my good friends about our significant others and all of the intimate details we've shared and that is what this page is going to be about, sex and friendship. I should get to work more on this later in the week, so look for an update soon.
I found a vintage Skyway suitcase in decent shape for $2.00, an adorable picnic basket for $1.00, a large brandy glass with the world ugliest candle wreath(which is already in the trash) for $.25, and an embroidery hoop for $.25.I also found a bag of 18 pillowcases for $2.50 and a stack of 7 round tin trays for $.50. I have big plans for most of my finds today. The suitcase will be gutted, all that stinky old fabric will be removed and replaced. I will also paint the outside, probably a soft blue or pink and then I will paint or maybe decoupage something on the side and it will become a dress up case for my daughter. The brandy glass will be used for a plant it's just perfect for keeping my kitties from munching on the foliage, but allowing in light and air. The embroidery hoop will be used to make a screen printing frame and the trays will be painted, decoupaged and sealed and used for holiday treats. The pillowcases will be made into pillowcase dresses for my daughter, a couple of summery tops, and maybe a couple of reusable grocery bags. The picnic basket will most likely be left as is, I just have to make some place mat/silverware holders and cloth napkins and we will be all set to have a family picnic! So many projects, so little time, if only I had a maid, a nanny, and a personal assistant!
Here they are with the resin all cured just waiting to be drilled and made into pendants. The polymer clay worked great for making forms for the resin and I think the possibilities are almost endless combining these two mediums. I am very pleased with how this project came out, especially for a first attempt, stay tuned for future projects!