8.28.2008

Aviator Hat

August is almost over and exactly where have I been? I have been furiously cutting out instant cemeteries, knitting cupcakes, playing-I mean using my new camera, working, insert more excuses here...Anyway I saw this post on Craftster and decided to give the Amelia Earhart Aviator Cap pattern a second look. I had seen this pattern before and just wasn't interested, but add some i-cord and tassels and I'm in! I use some vintage '70's acrylic variegated yarn and followed the instruction exactly, just adding the i-cord and tassels.
Here's a side view, and yes this is my bathroom/photo studio. This pattern was easy to follow and knitting it flat made it super easy and it came out the perfect size.
The back seam even came out good and I like how the hat has an inverted V, it leaves a perfect spot for my ponytail.
I recommend this as a quick and satisfying project that uses less than a skein of yarn.

2 comments:

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

I love it! I'm a big fan of anything that covers the ears.

Pam Hawk said...

That's fun. It makes me think of Amelia Earhart as an afghan.
:o)