4.30.2009

Simple Tawashi Flowers

I found this adorable crochet pattern and just had to give it a try, especially when the instructions said you could whip one of these up in about ten minutes.flower tawashiI confess it took me a little longer than ten minutes, but I am not a crochet expert.   I used left over bits of cotton yarn and really a full ball would make a ton of these!  I think they’ll make good facial cleansing pads, yay for green products.

flower tawashi 2 I also have to share this little story about the yarn I used for these.  You know how once you tell your family and friends that you’ve started knitting or crocheting you inevitably end up with a garbage bag of red heart yarn?  At the bottom of my bag was this very interesting vintage 100% cotton terry cloth yarn that I have be attempting to use for years.  Terry cloth yarn seems like a good idea, but the texture of the yarn makes it impossible to frog anything (the picture does not do it justice), it just won’t come undone, but it’s cool.  I was able to use it by doubling it up with regular cotton and the result is awesome and super soft and spongy.  I will finally be using up all of this yarn for this project.

2 comments:

Sandra @ Pepperberry & Co. said...

Ten minutes! Wow! It would take me ten weeks to do one of those- but then again, I don't crochet :-)

kelly o! said...

Those are so cute! They'd also make adorable appliques, and super cute pockets on girls' clothes! hmmmmm, may need to commission a few!