4.29.2009

More Mokume Gane in a New and Exciting Color

I think I need some sort of post title generator, I have the most boring titles. 

On Monday night I decided to make some midnight blue mokume gane.  mokume gane pendants 4I still need to drill or add bails to the squares, but I’ll leave them as cabochons for now.mokume gane pendants 2I had been waiting to get some smaller bails for these hearts, I really like the red one.

large dk blue donut3 This donut is my favorite from this batch, it is 2 inches across and so pretty I am thinking about putting a large bail on instead of wrapping it with the cord.  This photo does not do it justice, the layering is so difficult to capture with a camera!

Don’t forget that if you would like to make you own there is a photo tutorial here on my blog.  If you would rather have me make them for you, some of the pieces shown here are available in my etsy store, I also accept custom orders.

2 comments:

Sandra @ Pepperberry & Co. said...

Ooh, they look very exciting! I can't believe you whipped them up in one night!

Crafterella said...

The technique is pretty easy it really only takes a few hours, but I did spend Tuesday afternoon doing the sanding, so it took me two days ;)