5.29.2012

Button Sorting (another button post)

If you follow me on twitter, you already know that I bought 19 pounds of buttons and they arrived on Saturday. I have to say that this is the BEST button collection I have ever seen, there are a lot of fancy buttons and I have to look at them all!button sorting The buttons arrived in zip-loc bags, to sort them I put a handful on the gold lid and look at them. Once I am finished with that batch it gets dumped into the gold tin and another handful is added to the lid. When I finish a bag the tin gets dumped back into the original bag and I start a new bag. I have been picking out all the glass, fancy plastic, fancy metal, carved mother of pearl, and other random interesting buttons. I am also picking out marbles, beads, pennies, pins and tacks (it’s a very interesting collection). I am not even half way done, but it is sooooo much fun!
Am I the only one who could sort through buttons all day? What is you favorite kind of button?

2 comments:

mieljolie said...

Oh no. I LOVE sorting things. :) And, buttons are one of the most fun things to go through! I could spends days sorting them. I've got all mine in different bags by type (wood, metal, shell, shank, various interesting ones). Plain plastic buttons are sorted by color. I keep all the sets of buttons mixed in the bags in those tiny bags that come on clothes with the spare buttons and thread. :D

Happy Button Sorting!!

Mieljolie

Tansy Dolls said...

I love button sorting as well. It actually happens to be one of my earliest memories. Sorting through my grams button boxes. My favorite kind of button has to be the pretty vintage glass ones. But I am partial to wood ones as well...and plastic ones...okay, I just like buttons! ~Robin~