4.15.2008

Finished Back Patch for Crafty Coveralls

I finished my back patch and got is sewn on yesterday. I really like how it turned out although I may have gotten a little carried away with the rhinestones and glitter paint on the mouth.

Once everything dried I carefully cut around the design and ironed some lightweight interfacing on to the back and sewed it on to the coveralls that I bought at my local thrift store. I altered the coveralls by cutting off the sleeves and then dying them with RIT dye in the washing machine. I used one package of purple and one package of red.

I know it looks kind of crooked in the picture, but it really is straight. They are surprisingly comfortable and I think they will make great studio attire that I won't be ashamed to leave the house in.

I'm thinking that the front needs something, like a name patch. I may make one that says "crafty". Anyone have any ideas?

No comments: