12.27.2008

Knitted Swiffer Cover

I know that everyone is doing it, so here's my version of the reusable swiffer cover. It is knit in garter stitch and whip stitched together.


I used acrylic yarn for this one, I need something durable and abrasive for those random splats. I think that I will also make a cotton one that is more for dusting. This knitted up quickly while I watched TV and the kids napped and I'm excited that I won't have to buy and throw away all those swiffer cloths!

Oh, I did finish those pajamas, but more about those later...

3 comments:

oobbles said...

OMG, I didn't even think to make something like that! Funny, because I just did an acrylic and cotton combo (2 strands) for washcloths for the kitchen for Josh. (I'm a sponge lady, myself) now I will have to make matching swiffer cloths. Thought I think I would make just the bottom, with crochet chain ties for the top.

kelly o! said...

Super clever! I've seen sewn covers, with fleece, I think. But yours is much prettier!

Crafterella said...

I think that using acrylic and cotton together it a super idea, I wish I would have thought of that Lisa!!!

Kelly, I have some left over fleece from the jammies, I may try a fleece one too and see which one works better for my needs.