12.16.2008

I'm Back!

...and mid November turned into mid December. We got moved in and the task of making everything fit has been a challenge. Half of our stuff is in storage and it seems like everything that I want to do involves a trip to the storage unit. I also managed to lose my pasta machine that I use to make all of my mokume gane ornaments. I have looked everywhere for that thing!!! I finally just broke down and bought another one, thank you hobby lobby for 40% off coupons, so I'm sure it will turn up soon :). I am using our kitchen table as my crafting area and it is quite messy, but I'm creating, I can't be neat too!My tree of life ornaments have been doing well on etsy and that has been keeping my busy with trips to the post office and for more supplies and it has been great!
I have been in the knitting mood and have been knitting my days away. I just finished this cute town and country capelet.
I used Epais yarn instead of homespun, partly because I loved the orange and green color combo and partly because it was a huge skein and there would be less weaving in. I also went up to size 13(US) needles to even get close to gauge. I did try the fringe, but I felt that it was too bulky (I thought that super fluffy fringe just below my ample bosom was extremely unflattering) and decided to leave it plain.

I had so much fun knitting that I decided to knit a cowl for my father in law for Christmas. I got the most luxurious 100% silk yarn and am progressing nicely. We had no idea what to get for him this year, so I am hoping that this will be perfect. It's done in 4 X 4 ribbing and, as you can see, knit in the round.

I am also making several other gifts (salt dough ornaments, holiday pajamas, a special tree of life ornament, and possibly some aprons) and I'll be sharing those soon!

4 comments:

kelly o! said...

Beautiful things! I love that capelet.
Also still loving the tree of life ornament! Thank you so much for that!!

pj said...

I have just purchased a some of the Epais Yarn and would like to use the ponchos pattern that came with it to make a ponco. The poncho that you show on your page, was that done with that pattern? I really liked it and i also liked your tree of life ornament. Thanks for an help you can give me.

Crafterella said...

PJ, thank you, I used the town and country pattern from lion brand yarn(click on the link in this post and it will take you there)I didn't even notice the pattern on the label, good luck!

Unknown said...

I love your tree of life. I would love to have one of these. Do you make these for purchase? Let me know. Very beautiful. julez_00@hotmail.com