12.22.2008

Poison Tree

I recently purchased some glass pearls from someone online to make more of my tree of life ornaments. The ones that I specifically needed were grey, but while I was ordering I decided to order some black ones. They arrived and the black pearls were not what I expected, I expected a "pearl" finish and these were just glass beads painted black, but I am going to use them!!! I present my Poison Tree Ornament.
Inspired by the poem A Poison Tree by William Blake

I was angry with my friend:
I told my wrath, my wrath did end.
I was angry with my foe:
I told it not, my wrath did grow.

And I watered it in fears,
Night and morning with my tears;
And I sunned it with smiles,
And with soft deceitful wiles.

And it grew both day and night,
Till it bore an apple bright.
And my foe beheld it shine.
And he knew that it was mine,

And into my garden stole
When the night had veiled the pole;
In the morning glad I see
My foe outstretched beneath the tree.
________________________________________
I also made a lovely breast cancer awareness tree of life ornament for my mother for Christmas. I think that she will really like it, she has been hinting that she wanted one of the icy tree of life ornaments and when I saw these rose quartz chips in the store I decided they would be perfect for her.

I guess Christmas is getting pretty close, I should probably make those pajamas next...

3 comments:

oobbles said...

Oh great colors? Are they fun to make?

Crafterella said...

Yes, they are fun to make, they are one of my quicker projects, so I can make them quickly for gifts and what not.

Christy said...

Those are absolutely gorgeous!