12.28.2008

Christmas Pajamas

This year I decided that instead of spending $20 plus per outfit for my children for a Christmas outfit that would maybe be worn a couple of times and for pictures was a complete waste. I thought Christmas pajamas would be cute and practical, (they do wear pajamas daily). I used Simplicity pattern #9853 view c to make these one piece jammies. I was looking for fleece fabric in blue with some snowflakes, but when I saw this candy cane striped fabric I knew that it was perfect! I made them a size to big, so they could wear them for a couple of years. I like how they turned out and the pattern was fairly easy to sew. I did not like the instructions for installing the zipper and I will do that differently when I make this pattern again.

Every year I make Christmas picture ornaments for the grandparents. I like to find a different kind each year and this year they will be heart shaped (if you want to make your own I found my ornament frames here). I normally have these made up and give them for Christmas gifts, but this year I am behind and so everyone will be getting a post Christmas gift ornament.

3 comments:

oobbles said...

Awesome! When I saw the first photo I thought you had made one giant pair of jammies for them to share, as a joke! lol They look comfies. Did you make yourself and the hubs a pair?

Pam said...

Those are darned cute.

That's a really good idea, too. I may have to try that for next Xmas with my two "kids," the 13 year old and the 43 year old...

Hope you had a great Xmas!

Crafterella said...

OMG, one giant pair of jammies, oh the mental picture and the fighting that would have caused and no, I did not make a set for me or Robert although I do have a pattern if your interested...