6.24.2009

Red is the Color of the Day

So after finishing my decoupage jar yesterday I started thinking about making an all red one and I just couldn’t stop (instructions here). Last night at one in the morning I had amassed a good collection of red letters, numbers and symbols.letter jar letters

Red letters are pretty easy to find in almost any magazine. I like the ones that are red with white or black, I tried not to use the ones on the right with the yellow and blue, but a few made it on to the jar.letter jar red

I like the look of just the red and that has now got me thinking about how using the same letter or number would be really interesting. I think that I would have to cheat and print out my own letters (‘cause I would have to use a K) or get one of those clip art CDs, but it would still be neat, especially as a vase. I’m going to have to work on this idea for a while, but I think I’m going to have to give it a shot. Anyone know a good source for a variety of font letters?

2 comments:

Pam said...

If you have a flickr account, you could click to edit a photo (from flickr) and click "Create" to add words. They have a nice variety of free fonts there...

I LOVE this idea, BTW. I have an ugly oval framed mirror that I tried painting in a funky pattern. that's why it's so ugly. This would look so cool on that frame!

Crafterella said...

Thanks Lisa, I think I downloaded about 50 fonts, I love fonts!

Pam, a frame would be awesome, I'll have to add it to the list :-)