5.14.2009

Knitted Washcloth Gift Set

I have been on a bit of a stash busting mission lately and instead of just making a couple of washcloths and then rolling to remaining yarn into balls and storing I decided to knit until I ran out of yarn.wash cloth gift set I did make my washcloths smaller that usual, but really how big do you need your washcloth to be?  I was able to get two ballband washcloths, two circle cloths, two tawashi flowers and one scrubbie(a ravelry download).  I’m almost out of turquoise, just the tiniest bit left, less that 2 yards, I may try an eek one more scrubbie out of it so I can have a complete matched set!  I do have a bit of the red and white yarn from another project, I wish I knew how to make the bath puffs, but every pattern I’ve looked at seems to be written in some strange and foreign crochet language, I definitely need to work on my crochet pattern reading skills.

Now I just need to make a matching bucket organizer and I can save this set for a Christmas gift, I’ll just have to add some lotion and shower gel and it will be good to go!

2 comments:

Chiara said...

I'd not thought of knitted washcloths before... I might have to make some myself!

hakucho said...

That will be one nice matching gift set :) Of course -- I'm partial to the circle cloths ;)

happy knitting :)