5.20.2009

18 and Life

So, my mom and I are talking and she tells me that since we bought a house she’s going to bring some of my things from high school that she has been storing.  She mentions “that picture of that lady with the words” and some other stuff.

Hmmmmmmm…that lady with the words?…

I would like to present Sebastian Bach from Skid Row (if you need a refresher, Skid Row wiki entry)18andlife This was a high school art project that somehow has survived for over 15 years, it is a little rumpled at the bottom and the edges have masking tape residue on them, that’s pretty good for some drawing paper and sharpie markers.  I spent some time looking for the original picture, I know I probably got it from Metal Edge, but I gave up after about 30 pages.

18andlife detail Yes, those are the words from all the songs on their self titled album.  There were some other interesting pieces in the collection that she brought me and I will be sharing more “finds” in the near future.  So, what was you favorite band in the late 80’s, early 90’s?

3 comments:

julie said...

I used to be SO in to him. Back when he was young, hot and skinny. Just googled him. Yikes! What happened?!

Crafterella said...

Julie, probably the same thing happened to me, I got older and thicker through the middle, LOL!

mieljolie said...

ROFL!! Girl, haha!! That's sooo funny. I love the idea of the lyrics in the hair. Very clever!

I remember a male friend of ours commenting that the women on Poison's "Look What the Cat Dragged In" Album were "Hot!". Hehe

I, too, drew portraits of bands members in my drawing class. I drew Axel Rose (Guns n' Roses singer for those not in the know) in charcoal and left it in our class bin overnight. Someone snuck in and drew a mustache on him. After I erased that, the next night he vanished never to be seen again along with my half finished Judas Priest "Ram it Down" album cover art repro. :( Darn Heavy Metal filchin' thieves! LOL!! :D

Ahhh...the memories.