5.10.2010

Fabric Journal Cover

I am a huge fan of Teesha Moore, her visual journals are just stunning to look at and her techniques really appeal to me.  Her blog (Teesha’s Circus) is filled will inspiring eye candy and how to videos. 

In April she shared four video tutorials on making fabric journals that quickly went to the top of my must craft list.  Here’s a link to the first video, but you should definitely browse her entire blog!  I made my pillows and put together a traveling embroidery kit.  I took this with me to the hospital when I had little bun and it has also been to the park and on a play date.  I have really enjoyed working on the individual pillows, it very meditativefabric journal 3Here is the outside, I have finished the embroidery/quilting, but I may go back and add beads or sequins or other embellishments.  It was hard for me to let go of my super neat and matchy matchy obsessions (it is still pretty matchy matchy).fabric journal 4The inside is a mess, and while I like it the messiness of the stitches makes me a little uncomfortable.fabric journal 2I also did some shisha (mirror) embroidery on some of the pillows.  I have been wanting to try this tutorial for a looooooonnnnggg time.fabric journals 1It was easy and addictive, I will be using this technique again!

I still need to add the pages, but I’m not sure I’m done embellishing the cover yet and I also want to add some type of closure.  What are your favorite inspiring sites?, I’d love some new inspiration!

No comments: