5.17.2010

To Shower or Blog

I have to say that lately the choice has been shower, ah, life with a new baby.  He is adorable, but very high maintenance.  I have managed to finish a few projects here and there.  I have also learned to knit over him while he nurses and sleeps, so it’s not too bad.  I really need to learn to type efficiently with one hand.

I finally found the perfect turquoise buttons for my kitchen towels and got them sewed on.  I covered a button with gingham for the remaining one.  The white one is my favorite.hanging towels 1I also found the large vintage fork and spoon that I had been looking for and hopefully once it stops raining I’ll get to work on them a bit.  They have monkeys on the handles, and while I normally love monkeys, for this project they need to go.  I have been trying to come up with a way to reshape the handles, I’m thinking paper mache, but I’m not quite sure.  If you have any ideas let me know.

What a productive day for me, a shower and a blog post and maybe when Daddy gets home I’ll get to do a little sewing.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

I know this is an older post but I love your towels. Do you by chance still have the pattern as the link provided goes to an expired website? Thank you, Nancy

Crafterella said...

Hi Nancy, I used time machine to find it: http://web.archive.org/web/20060629173157/http://stephsdesigns.bravehost.com/leftover.html

Nancy said...

Thank you very much for the quick response. I'll give it a try and see how it goes. Have a great day.