10.25.2010

Spooky Bottle Labels

I love spooky bottles, I save interesting jars and bottle all year long.  A friend of mine (thanks Lisa) has been saving her iron supplement bottles, they are brown glass and very creepy looking.  I’ve been wanting to make some new labels for these all year (you can download last years spice labels here).  I drew up four different labels, if you would like to use mine you can download them here (my labels are for personal use only).bottle labels, color I printed my labels out on regular paper and then tinted them with watercolor.  I just wanted to add a little bit of interest.  I used dull colors.  bottle labels, walnut ink I also added a wash of walnut ink to age the paper a bit.  Use whatever aging technique you like.  I thought about sanding the label a bit or even staining the edges more with a stamp pad.  While they were drying I soaked my bottle in warm water to remove the original label.  I added some black paint to the lid to tone down the shiny gold color too.bottle labels, finished I used matte Mod Podge to apply the label to the bottle and embellished the top of the bottle with torn muslin, string, hem tape, and seam binding.  I also melted some bronze and silver crayons in a candle flame to hold some seam tape in place across the top of the bottle.

I’d love to see what you guys come up with, leave me a link to your projects using my labels.

6 comments:

mieljolie said...

That turned out really nice! I like that you painted them. You're awesome for sharing your labels, btw.

Mieljolie

Bonnie in SC said...

These would make awesome atcs. :)

Crafterella said...

Tiffany, thanks, I think the paint added an extra fun touch, I hope you get to make some for you Halloween collection.

Bonnie, they would make a good base for embellishment, I'd love to see some pictures if you make some atcs with them

From Heels To Houseshoes said...

I can't see the link to download this year's labels? I am on bedrest, have been for a year and these projects keep me going and occupied. Could I please have a link to the download? Would LOVE to do these for my toad loving mother in law and my cat loving daughter :)

Crafterella said...

From Heels - I changed the color of blog and accidentally made the links invisible, I have fixed it now and you should be able to see the links to this design and the previous years design. (But just in case here's the direct link - http://www.4shared.com/document/Sa-F0fpx/terrorific_tuesday_labels.html)

From Heels To Houseshoes said...

I will get out my water color pencils and get to work! Thank you *so* much! I can't do much in bed propped up by pillows, and youtube and netflix are boring to me now. This gives me purpose and self worth to create. THANK YOU again! :)