1.05.2011

Ghosts of Unfinished Projects

In my cleaning a rearranging I often find the remnants of unfinished projects.  Some of them get tossed in the trash, but not all.  Some are re-filed, because I have just not figured out how to finish them up or I am waiting to find the perfect thing to finish them or they need to be dismantled for supplies.  It’s not that I’ve forgotten them, it’s just that I have moved on and not made it back.

Today I found a treasure that I really need to finish.  I know why this project never made it to the end.  This is from around 2 1/2 to 3 years ago, I was working on it before we lost our jobs and had to move and all that other awful stuff (no, I still don’t want to talk about it).  quiet book progress I had every intention of finishing it, it was neatly tucked away in a labeled box with all the parts and pieces that I might need.  quiet book vintage 3 There was also the vintage instruction booklet and original inspiration made for me by my Mother, vintage 1970’s.  I would also like to note here that the purple striped fabric of the dog can also be seen in this Sun Bonnet Sue quilt.  (I come from a long line of frugal hoarders.)quiet book vintage 1 This is my favorite page from the first one: Where is my tail and look inside.  quiet book vintage 2 This is my favorite page from the second one, the one I helped her make: Hang the laundry and look inside (again) I love those baby ladybugs!

I know what I need to be working on this weekend, I need to get this ghost project put to rest!

No comments: