1.31.2011

If… Art Journaling

I have a new art journal, it’s my calendar from last year, I have just painted all the pages with black gesso. I have been working on this page for a few days, it’s been relaxing, energizing, and therapeutic. Last night I stenciled the IF and went to bed knowing that I would finish up the writing today.art journal - if 1
Today I got out my gold gel pen and went to town and then something happened, it just didn’t seem right and I (eventually) realized what the problem was: I had censored myself because I was going to share this here on my blog  .So instead of really writing what I wanted I had ({unconciously}) written something vague and unimportant that I didn’t care if anyone read.
art journal - if 2Thank God for baby wipes, that gold pen wiped right off (mostly). art journal - if 3 This is much better, although you’ll notice that it’s a little small and blurry. Sorry about that, it’s not that I don’t trust you guys :) but the internet is forever and I’m not sure that I want my intimate thoughts and insecurities out there floating around. I’m not sure that this page is done, but it’s at a point where I’m going to leave it for a while. I think I might be adding some more pictures to it, but I don’t know if I’m ready for that. This is art therapy after all, and there is no rush to completely finish anything.
I have admired other artists for being able to share it all, I’m not there…I might never be.
What is your opinion about sharing journal pages? Is it TMI or do you like a peek into another persons private thoughts? Are you interested in seeing pages that have the words blurred? I’d love to hear your thoughts, please comment away!
BTW, that really awesome palm reader diagram is from the Graphics Fairy, she has awesome stuff!

No comments: