1.09.2008

Beloved Companion Shrine

I want to make a shrine for my cat Mango, who was put to sleep in December. I wanted to have him cremated and buried with me when I die, but that was just not possible. I've been working on sketches and I like the way it looks, but there is an empty spot in the lower right side that deeds something, maybe a short prayer or verse.
I have the perfect box to use it is roughly 4" X 6" and 2" deep with a lid. The Bast figure I have fits perfectly inside. I will be making an embossed metal frame for Mango's picture. BTW I did some research online and found out that disposable aluminium pans work for embossing. I made a sample and it was a lot easier than the soda cans. For the lid I want to cut a round window. On the inside of the lid I will have the story of adopting Mango.

2 comments:

Paul Pincus said...

This is very beautiful. Sorry for your loss...I understand how you must feel...you were lucky to have had each other.

Crafterella said...

Thank you Paul, this is a part of my grieving process, I really miss him.