1.07.2008

Book Review: Kaleidoscope, ideas and projects to spark you creativity, by Suzanne Simanaitis

This book does exactly what the title says, "spark your creativity." The tone set by Ms. Simanaitis is engaging and entertaining. I laughed like a school girl when I read this on page 97, "I swear, one of these days I'm going to gather hundreds of my unmounted, unused rubber stamps, stitch them together into a dress, and develop a performance art piece that involves rolling around on a giant ink pad and bouncing on a canvas covered trampoline."
This book is heavily illustrated with works from over a dozen artists and is beautiful to just fan through the pages. The short(1-3 page) projects are easy to understand and reproduce. Projects on my to do list: Arting and crafting with metal(page 36), magick portable shrine(page 62), mail art to self(pages 42 and 62), and pockets of inspiration(page 86). Favorite article, That voice inside your head(or as I like to call it take a witch out for a latte week).
I would recommend this book to anyone looking for new and creative ideas.
Suzanne Siminaitis publishes ARTitude Zine and can be found on the web here.

No comments: