7.26.2010

Spa Bag

So, I was on Ravelry and I found the pattern for The Zakka Pouch (non-ravelry link) from Black Dog Designs and thought it would be perfect to keep my current knitting projects in.  I envisioned having several with one project per pouch.  I started knitting using some Peaches and Cream cotton and the bag got bigger and bigger, wow, this was going to hold a mega project, like a sweater and all the yarn, not just the skein I was working with and I wasn’t liking the rounded bottom, so I frogged it.spa pouch 2Now that I knew what I wanted I started by crocheting a large coaster for the bottom and then picked up stitches around the edge and knitted the sides.  I made sure to do a purl row at the top so I would have a line to stitch on when I added my fabric.  I also madespa pouch 1 some I-cord for the drawstring, I really hate making I-cord, and really a crocheted chain would have worked just as good, so I’m not sure why I felt the need to make the I-cord.  I guess I just wanted to be sure that I hated making it.

When I got all done I thought that the bag looked like something you would get a gift set in, like a washcloth, and some lotion or something.  I may make some for that for Christmas, or maybe I’ll just keep a knitting project in there, like I planned, it would be perfect for a hat.

There’s the added bonus, I used three different crafty techniques to make the bag, maybe I’ll stencil the fabric on the next one and make it four or hand dye the yarn for five, this could be some kind of new challenge…

No comments: