7.13.2011

Fashion Repeats Itself?

So I know that fashion trends are constantly recycling looks from the past.  Today, while I was browsing through my pattern collection, I found this:mccalls5958This is one of the first patterns I ever made, back in high school Sewing 101.  I remember I got to buy navy blue tie dyed fabric at Loper’s, the fabric store in the next town over.  It wasn’t the best sewing I’ve ever done (no raw edge finishing, sloppy sewing), but I loved it and wore it for years. I may have even wore it out, I know there was a lot of stress on the front V neck and it did start to rip.
So can I pull this look off now?, I know it probably isn’t the most flattering silhouette for my apple shape, but it would be comfortable and cool.  I am also trying to stop wearing yoga pants and tank tops everywhere, is this better?  You’ll also notice that it has pockets, a big selling point!  This is my answer for the romper trend, I’m thinking view B, probably NOT tie dye (maybe tie dye wouldn’t be that bad?), maybe a solid colored knit fabric?  Thoughts?

No comments: