3.07.2009

I Forgot

I got so busy with my latest project that I forgot to blog yesterday! I started working on the Turkish vest pattern that Tiffany sent me in our personal swap.
I made the first piece using fleece(the one on the left), it made a very sturdy fabric with good stretch, but I wanted to showcase the tabs more, so I decided to try using knit fabric. I liked the look of the knit fabric better, but the fabric is weaker.
I crocheted an edging around the whole piece to give it a more finished look. Today I will be making the other two pieces, now that I've got the technique down it should go pretty fast.
I'm not sure where I will be wearing this,(so if you see me at the grocery store in this you know why,) but I just had to have one. I could probably use it for a Halloween costume.

1 comment:

mieljolie said...

Looking good! I like the crochet edge. Wish I could figure out how to do that. I can barely make a chain.

If your fabric strips seem weak, try making them wider. That ought to help a little. THough, it does make it stiffer and less stretchy.