3.02.2009

My Personal Swap Package

I got my package from the personal swap with Tiffany(mieljolie). I made her some slither arm warmers and she sent me a pattern for a Turkish vest made of pop tabs and this paper mache witch's boot.
It is double sided, so I can switch it up a bit.
It is my new favorite Halloween decoration! I can't believe how cool it is, I've never made anything like this with paper mache. I think I might have to try it again, a matching witch's hat would be great. Tiffany also included some vintage patterns and some vintage embroidery stitching guides.
I also finished Pandora's Summerlin dress.

Here's little miss being shy for the camera. I really like how this turned out and I already have another one on the needles, I think that I'll make the knitted part a little longer on this one. This pattern really has a lot of possibilities, by the time summer is here she may have half a dozen of these.

I am also proud to report that some of the seeds we planted in our 2-liter bottle garden are already growing, the catnip, marigolds, and chives are up, yay!

3 comments:

oobbles said...

That dress looks so good, and it looks so good ON her too! I'm serious, make one into a top for me! (As long as you don't charge an arm and a leg!) lol I think it could be super cute.
It has definitely got me thinking about trying to crochet some top pieces with fabric bottoms like that. It's just that crochet is so poor for clothes.

Crafterella said...

Have you seen the zaftig pattern on knitty, I think it would work to add fabric to that, I know it would fit me, we'll have to find something smaller for you ;)

oobbles said...

Nope, I haven't. Let me know when you want to start experimenting! lol Going to lnkhandmade meeting thurs nite?