2.15.2011

How Does Your Garden Grow?

A few weeks ago I told you about finding a partially finished quiet book.  I have been working on it here and there trying to get the pages wrapped up.  This is a garden matching page page.quiet book garden 1 The vegetables and flowers snap onto the rows and can be stored in the picket fence pockets.  I want to make a watering can and some garden tools to keep in the pockets too.quiet book garden 2I had all of the pieces cut out and embroidered all I needed to do was to sew everything down.  I use clear nylon thread so I don’t have to worry about changing thread constantly to get everything sewn down.quiet book garden 3I sewed the vegetable and flower shapes to the circles, embellished them with dimensional fabric paint and then I hand stitched the circles together.

Little Miss and Little Sir have given this page a test run and they had a lot of fun playing with it.  I’m motivated to finish more of it now.

2 comments:

Artsy Babe said...

Absolutely adorable quiet page!! Do you by chance have a pattern you could make available??

Crafterella said...

Thank you Artsy Babe, I just made it up as I went, so I don't have a pattern.