6.24.2008

Fairy Wings and Pookie Fur

I have been working on stuff for my swap partner in the Witch/Wicca/Pagan Swap on Craftster and I know that my partner likes fairies, so I have been working on fairy wings.

These were made from wire, beads, glitter and transparent liquid sculpty, I used these instructions. They were easy to make and turned out well, but unfortunately I made 2 left wings, d'oh! I will be making at least 2 more (right wings this time) and I do plan on painting the back or something since they are plain and the beads are hidden by the sculpty. I have to paint the wingless fairy and then insert these wings and she will be finished. For this swap I need to make 2 small items, 1 medium, and 1 large (the size refers to crafting time, not actual size) and this is my large, I have almost completed the 2 smalls, (just a bit more gluing), but I have not started on the medium yet and the package must go out on Saturday.


On a non-crafty note, I have also been busy doing some cat grooming. My cat, Pookie, has super long, extra silky fur and every spring when she sheds her winter coat she ends up a matted mess. It is my fault for not brushing her properly and to fix this problem I usually shave her.


Here is the pile of fur (almost enough to make another cat) and unfortunately, there is still more that needs to come off. Don't worry, she actually likes being shaved and grooms (licks) me while I groom her, but it does take quite a bit of time to accomplish, I wonder if I could make something with the fur, she has an endless supply, anyone have an idea just let me know!

1 comment:

mieljolie said...

Can you spin that hair into yarn? Maybe mix it with some wool. :)