7.14.2009

More of The Chica Bag

I worked on my Crafty Chica bag all day yesterday.  Layering the paint to get solid bright colors over that turquoise fabric took forever, but once I was finished with that I couldn’t wait to start embellishing!  I even went outside to take a “well lit, non blurry” photo for you to see.chica bag progress 6 I am still finishing the lettering and the buttons on the banner.  I also have to finish the lettering on the back piece, I might even have time to work on the lining.  Then I will be able to stitch it all together.  I’m sure by the end of the week everyone will be sick of seeing this bag, but I can’t help it, I’m obsessed.  See the other entries on Flickr.

3 comments:

julie said...

This is looking awesome! I like your blog header, too.

Pam said...

OMG, that is so cool!

So...I know this is a pretty labor intensive project, but I have to know if you're making one for yourself and that's the end of it? Or are you thinking of making more for sale?

Crafterella said...

Thanks Julie and Pam, it was a labor of love.

Pam, I would love to make a few to sell, but I'm afraid that the price I would need to have would be to high. I am working on a more streamlined process, I think learning how to screen print would help. I don't want to lose the uniqueness of the hand painting though, if you have any suggestions I would love to hear them :)