8.21.2009

Day of the Dead Figurines

I know the Day of the Dead is a different holiday than Halloween, but since we are big skeleton fans the decorations overlap for us. I wish I could take credit for this idea, but I found it over at the Anticraft, they have a lot of great alternative craft projects, make sure to check out their archives! I have been wanting to try this project for a while, so I have collected several different figurines. dod figurines 1This one is from the dollar tree, for a dollar I figured it would be a good one to start with. The good news it that if I mess up I can just repaint them black.dod figurines 2 I have three others waiting to be painted, but I need to wait until my little “helpers” are in bed before I start working on these, the wings are going to be “boney” too!

I also hit the jackpot today at Hancock Fabrics, their Project Runway fabric was on clearance, over half off the original price!!! I stocked up, they won’t be getting more and this fabric is perfect for the craft room.project runway fabricI’m planning window shades, a new ironing board cover, sewing machine cozy, crate covers, and who knows what else, yeah I got a lot of fabric.

No comments: