4.15.2011

Sunburst Utensil Kitchen Clock Tutorial

I am so excited to share my latest project for my kitchen.  This is a really quick and easy project.sunburst clock 2You will need:
Battery powered clock
a package of plastic silverware (24 pieces) in your desired color
a pack of plastic picnic plates to match (you’ll only need 1)
hot glue gun
scissors/exacto knife
Start by cutting a hole in your plastic plate that will allow you to easily change the battery of you clock.  I used my exacto knife to start the hole and then finished cutting it out with scissors.  Now is also the time to punch a hole to hang the clock or you can use velcro fasteners and avoid damaging you wall.
sunburst clock 1Random tip: do not try to photograph a red plate on a lime green cutting mat using the automatic setting on your camera, it really freaks the saturation out (sorry). 
I did a practice run to decide how I wanted my silverware to look and ended up using a mirrored pattern: knife, fork, spoon, knife, spoon, fork.  Then fire up you glue gun and get to work.  I did not measure, just eyeballed, started by placing the knives, first four at the top, bottom, left and right.  Then four more knives equally spaced between those.  I filled in with the spoons and forks, using the whole package.  Finally I hot glued the clock to the center of the plate.sunburst clock 3I hung it above my shelves and stepped back to enjoy the view.  I LOVE how it turned out.  I really need to get going on my other projects, this turned out so cute I’m super motivated to finish up another.
If you decide to give it a try I’d love to see your results, leave me a link.
Have a super crafty weekend!

1 comment:

Pati @ A Crafty Escape said...

That is just too cute, my kids would love it!