6.27.2011

Rainbow Striped Hats and a Lego Cake

Little Sir is turning seven this week and we celebrated yesterday so Grandma and Grandpa could join us.  I decided to make him a Lego cake.  I have never made a “fancy” (as in not just left in the pan and frosted it) cake.  It was quite the learning experience!  I had a hard time getting it out of the pan and, once it was out, frosting it was quite an ordeal (there may have been cussing).  I’m going to need some practice making kids cakes, but Little Sir thought it was great, and that is really all that matters.lego cake I was happy that it was at least identifiable and it was very tasty!
Also, unrelated, I crocheted Little Miss a hat.
rainbow tam A rainbow striped, brimmed tam, I found the pattern at Vallieskids, she always has the cutest kids hats!  It looks really cute on her, but she likes to pull it down to her nose, I imagine it’s because that really annoys me.
How was your weekend?

3 comments:

oobbles said...

Now all she needs is some dreads to put in that hat.

DeeDee said...

what a very cute cake... and I know several people who would just love this hat... do you have a shoppe?

Crafterella said...

Oobbles - no dreads for her :P

DeeDee - Anyone I know? ;) I do have an Etsy and an Artfire shop, however since this is a new design I don't have any listed. If you would like to discuss a custom order you can email me at crafterella (at)hotmail(dot)com