6.09.2010

Squirrel Pouch

I discovered this very interesting shirt at a yard sale and just had to have it.  It seemed new, I don’t even think it had been washed.squirrel shirt Yes, those are squirrels, chipmunks, and nuts!  This shirt spoke to me and it really needed to be turned into zippered pouches.  There are darts in the front and back of the shirt that needed to be taken out and to make it even more of a challenge they are all topstitched, who does that?!? (the answer is the people in Hong Kong at the Espirit factory).squirrel pouch 2I used some left over orange batik fabric for the lining and decided to finish the edges by zigzag instead of stitching and turning.squirrel pouch 3I don’t think that this top would have been cute on Little Miss, but it sure made a fun little pouch.  I have enough fabric to make a few more, the fabric pattern is interesting and the pieces have to be carefully cut to get a squirrel or chipmunk on every piece.  I also thought it was interesting that the pattern in not directional, the animals go every which way.

I guess I’m a collector of unusual fabrics, what is the strangest fabric you’ve found?

No comments: