6.29.2010

Washcloth Woman

I don’t know if I’ve mentioned this before, but my Mother has a thing about washcloths.  She always has washcloths on her Christmas list and no matter how expensive or high quality a washcloth is she can wear it out in a year.  I don’t think I have ever worn out a washcloth, gotten tired of the color and bought new ones, yes, but not worn out.  She says they get thin in the middle, I must use mine differently.  I’m more of a pouf user anyway.

When I started knitting washcloths were a good way to try out new patterns without a big commitment and they were really good practice.  Bonus, I really liked knitted washcloths and so did my mom.  I don’t have a pattern that I always use, I like to try out new stuff, but I may have found my go to washcloth pattern:  The Linoleum Dishcloth.linoleum cloth 1 I love this pattern because it makes a thick, textured cloth that is easy to knit and the back looks nice too.linoleum cloth 2This would be great for a beginner, the only thing you need to be able to do is the knit stitch and the slip stitch and using multiple colors is easy, only one per row.  I think that I would prefer this pattern in only two colors, what can I say I like it simple.WHAM dishcloth On my needles now is the Amber Perry dishcloth, I like the pattern, but there is no texture and I even tried to add a bit by using garter stitch in the design.

I’m making these for a friend, we are doing a trade washcloths for soldering, I think it’s a fabulous deal!  I will be making one more, I just need to decide what pattern to use.  What is your go to dishcloth/washcloth pattern?, I’d love to try something new.

No comments: