2.25.2008

Project: Cleaning the Crafting Lair

Today I had the whole afternoon to myself, so I cleaned my crafty lair. I am lucky enough to have the entire second floor for all of my crafting. This is the room where I do all the crafting, across the hall there is another room that I have the majority of my fabric stash in and a spare bed, I have thought about sleeping up here many nights. I have to say it was a bit overdue, as you can see.I spent quite a while (three hours) putting everything back into its proper spot. Can you believe there is a table in here? My husband came up to check it out before I swept and asked it a sequin tsunami had been through, the floor looked like a sequin carpet.Now that was an afternoon well spent! I am so excited to have it clean, so I can mess it up again. I wonder what I should do first.

Here's my nice clean table top. By the way I found this solid wood table on the curb when they had city wide clean up a couple years ago. The table wouldn't close all the way and there was a filthy piece of linoleum on the top to cover the gap. After peeling the linoleum off and tightening a screw it worked perfect, it even came with that great red orange finish on the top. City wide clean up is my favorite time of year, everyone in town puts their junk out on the curb and the city hauls it away for free, but normally we all drive around picking stuff we want and hauling it home.

No comments: